This is going to be a very short post as I need to head out to an EWB conference-planning meeting in a bit. Actually Its a bit of an advert for EWB-SA (don’t hate-its a good cause)!
We’re organizing EWB-SA’s First National Conference, with the theme (to be confirmed) relating to coming together as an organisation for growth. The 3-day conference will serve a few purposes:
- Skills transfer and development for future student EWB committee members. They will attend workshops relating to setting up and managing EWB chapters and projects.
- Bring all stakeholders of EWB together to brainstorm and develop EWB-SA vision and identity as an organisation and plan strategically for the next year.
- Increase awareness of EWB in SA through marketing and exposure.
- Program planning and development- someone to plan the student and professional delegate programs and coordinate it on the day.
- Student delegate administration- someone to coordinate delegate applications and issues on the day
- Guest Speakers – someone to organise and coordinate professional guest speakers and look after them at the event.
- Logistics and venue- someone in Cape Town to drive out to the venues and help with selecting one and dealing with venue issues, coordinating transport for delegates